Excellence and Integrity are among our Core Values. A powerful foundation for all we do, these values speak to the very heart of who we are at SEI. When every team member is valued, we’re stronger and can provide outstanding care to our patients – our family.
To foster the engagement of all our employees, we encourage and dedicate time for ongoing training and learning to infuse the thirst for knowledge and “can do” approach in our culture every day in every way.
Our Core Values guide us and are woven into the fabric of everything we do. They bring us together for a common purpose: To provide the very best experience for our patients. Team members embrace these values and find inspiring ways of incorporating them into their work every day. We’re also constantly asking questions and actively listening so that we can better understand the needs of our customers—and each other.
Founder, Dr. Ernest explains, "Our values are what drove me to foster the SEI legacy for the past 40 years. Our culture has developed over time and we strive to make it perfect every day, it provides us with a moral compass to deliver our work and treat our patients.”
We Act with Integrity and Demonstrate Strong Ethics
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and ethics
- Show respect for and value all individuals for their diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas
- Listen to others for understanding
- Assume positive intent
We Are Patient Advocates
- Focus on finding solutions to meet patient individual needs
- Involve patients in decisions and plans that affect them
- Keep promises and commitments made
- Take personal accountability for our actions and results
We Show Compassion
- Deal with people and issues directly and openly
- We nurture the spiritual, physical and emotional well-being of one another and those we serve.
- We embrace those who are suffering.
- Value, promote and fiercely protect our reputation and our patients
- Value openness and curiosity to learn from anyone, anywhere
We Strive for Excellence
- Seek and provide honest feedback
- Be open to personal change and continuous improvement
- Learn from mistakes and successes in equal measure
- Seek to continually simplify and improve processes, procedures and activities
- Help people to be their best by providing coaching and feedback
We want you to grow and succeed—as an employee, as a person and as a member of your community. To help you fully realize your goals and potential, we offer a comprehensive curriculum of training and development for employees at all levels, all designed to increase your skills, knowledge and opportunities throughout your Specialty Eye Institute career. We also offer a generous educational assistance program as part of Specialty Eye Institute’s commitment to higher education and its value to society.
SEI offers tangible and intangible employment advantages that are personally, professionally and financially rewarding. We provide a range of wealth accumulation and benefits programs to help you and your family meet your needs today while building for the future. Our Total Rewards package includes:
- Plans that include medical, dental, disability, life insurance and more
- A robust retirement 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts that can be used for health care, dependent care, and other eligible expenses.
- Alternative work arrangements to develop a better work/life balance.