What Can LASIK Do For Me?
LASIK eye surgery can correct a broad range of vision conditions. Poor eyesight is generally caused by two things: an eyeball that is either too long or too short, and a cornea that is too steep, too flat, or an irregular shape. Research has shown that changing the size and shape of the eyeball itself is impractical and ineffective. Therefore, the development of lasers for use in eyesight correction has been directed toward changing the shape of the cornea. Our team of doctors offers LASIK eye surgery and vision solutions to clients in Ohio and Michigan. Give our staff a call by phone at (877) 852-8463 to schedule an appointment for LASIK surgery or other eye care services.
Schedule a LASIK Eye Surgery & Treatment
Our Doctors Utilize the IntraLase Method to Enhance Precision & Accuracy
LASIK surgery has advanced steadily over the years; the technology used to measure your visual error prior to surgery has become more powerful and corrections can be optimized to your needs. Until the IntraLase Method, however, the creation of the corneal flap was the one step that lacked the technological sophistication of the rest of the LASIK eye surgery procedure.
Are You a Candidate for LASIK Eye Surgery in Toledo, Kalamazoo, & Other Areas?
As it turns out, that step is an important one in terms of providing you with the best possible LASIK experience. Our doctors offer innovative LASIK eye care solutions in areas such as Toledo, Kalamazoo, Bryan, Ann Arbor, and Battle Creek. If you were not eligible for LASIK eye surgery performed with a Microkeratome due to steep, flat, or thin corneas, you may now be a candidate with the IntraLase Method.
What Is the IntraLase Technique?
With the IntraLase technique, a beam of laser light is used to create your corneal flap, which is then, lifted to prepare for the second step of your LASIK eye surgery. The next step consists of reshaping the cornea to enhance your vision. When our staff of surgeons is finished with the procedure, the flap is securely repositioned into place. The computer-guided technology utilized with the IntraLase method is 100 percent more accurate than most of the mechanical microkeratomes.
Our LASIK Surgeons Utilize the IntraLase Method to Produce Extraordinary Results
IntraLase has been used successfully on hundreds of thousands of eyes and the LASIK eye surgeons at Specialty Eye Institute trust this advanced technology to deliver exceptional results. Our commitment is to provide you with the ultimate in comfort, safety, and outstanding vision. LASIK with IntraLase can help you achieve all of this – while offering the added assurance of knowing you are being treated with the most advanced technology there is.
How the IntraLase Technique Works
Unlike mechanical instruments, IntraLase technology is uniquely able to program the dimensions of your flap based on what is best for your eye. Next, the IntraLase laser creates your flap from below the surface of the cornea-without cutting it. How?
- IntraLase lasers use ultrafast pulses of laser light to position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth determined during your exam.
- The laser light passes harmlessly through your cornea. Next, the laser creates rows of these bubbles just beneath your corneal surface as it moves back and forth across your eye in a uniform plane.
- Next, our team of LASIK surgeons utilizes the IntraLase laser to create stacks of bubbles around your corneal diameter to create the edges of your flap. These bubbles are stacked at an angle that is determined by your surgeon and is individualized to the way your eye is shaped.
- The process takes only about 30 seconds from start to finish- it’s quiet and it’s comfortable.
- Your surgeon then gently lifts the flap to allow for the second step of your LASIK eye surgery. When treatment is complete, the flap easily “locks” back into position and rapidly begins to heal.
Meet Our Team of Doctors
In a clinical study comparing the IntraLase laser to the leading microkeratome, more patients achieved 20/20 vision or better in standard and custom LASIK eye surgery when IntraLase was used to create the corneal flap. Give our staff of doctors a call at (877) 852-8463 to book an appointment for a LASIK eye treatment exam. We offer dependable surgery and eye care services to clients in areas such as Lansing, Chelsea, Toledo, Kalamazoo, Bryan, Ann Arbor, and Jackson. Talk with our team of doctors to become familiar with the benefits and risks of this surgical procedure.